Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sneak Peek : The Vows

Most of you know I am taking some time off for a short season and working on finishing my book Love Stories with My Beloved. So here is the promised sneak peek. It is very short! But it is one of my favorite moments so far in this writing process. It is taken from the section of a wedding scene in the book where the verbal commitment is being made. Check it out.

I remember my father giving a charge to my love. This is the most significant moment throughout this whole service. He told him “You are to care for her more than you care for yourself. You will sacrifice everything you have, just so she can wake up and have one more day to my daughter, to be your wife, to be the woman I have desired for her to be. You are provide for her, to meet her needs. There are times she will run, there are times she will hurt you, there are times she will not want to be with you. Love her anyway. You will love her with a perfect love, yet she will often forget it. You will often protect her when she does not realize she even needs protected. You will pursue her for the rest of her days. You are to die for her every day so that she may live.”
Not fully able to comprehend everything my father just said, I stand there in awe. Without hesitation, my Love says “With pleasure.”
Now it was my turn. My father turns to me. Within my father’s gaze I see joy, peace, complete confidence in my decision. With a loving voice he tells me, “You my daughter, honor him. You will be cared for, provided for, unalterably loved. You will often run from this, but your Love will always remain, waiting for your return, ready to forgive. You will be protected, desired, found worthy, and pursued all the days of your life. You need only say, ‘I do.’”
And because of my father’s confidence and the man standing before me, I am able and more than willing to give my answer... “I do.”



1 comment: