Saturday, August 13, 2011

Permission Granted

I am currently in Victoria, BC spending some time with a few of my best friends. It is absolutely beautiful here and the Lord has been refreshing my spirit to the core. However, being here seeing all of this beauty causes me to think how nice it would be to share this with that "someone special." You know what I mean. So this was a journal entry I wrote a few days ago on my first night in Canada.

As I sat here on the back patio overlooking the beautiful lake and listening to the soothing sound of the piano being played just inside the house, I started having thoughts of my future husband and how badly I desire to meet him. I was thinking to myself, what in that moment made me have that thought and desire? Was there a shallow and somewhat unnecessary desire within me? No, that was not it.
 I simply wanted someone to share it with. Someone to sit next to and lay my head against his shoulder while we talked about how incredible our Father God is for making something so wonderful. What I wanted was the permission, the invitation really, to put my head on someone's shoulder and experience such a moment together. As women I think the key to those moments is that we want to feel the permission from a man to be close and affectionate (and I mean this in the purest way possible).

Then I thought of Jesus, and how I have never had to ask his permission to be intimate with him, because He constantly desires to be affectionate and close. He is constantly asking and pursuing me to be near, to look at the beauty around me and talk about how awesome our Father God is for creating such splendor. His permission is undeniable, unchanging, and always present. He is there waiting for me to accept His invitation. I am so in love with this Man. Listen ladies to His voice of romance, and continue with me as we become beloved.



 

1 comment:

  1. Love this, you have such a gift, given by God no doubt, love you, Jean

    ReplyDelete