Thursday, May 19, 2011

He's No One Night Stand

So I know some of you are in shock reading the title of the post but just calm down a minute and read the post. For all of you radical worshipers like myself I think you find this post rather refreshing and encouraging. Enjoy!


Every time I am at nights of worship I am so blessed by seeing God's bride sing love songs to him. He is so worthy of our praise. In fact I am often so touched by others worship it encourages me to worship him more. I begin to feel excited, joyful, complete, satisfied, etc. One night in particular as I was standing in a room full of people worshiping and singing our hearts to the Lord something began to stir in me. I remember the Lord trying to tell me something, but I was so busy worshiping I didn't stop to listen. (I know the irony in that is enough for another post all together.)

So as I was leaving to drive home after the night was over, I was feeling so happy. Like that great high after a really awesome day. Then I remember the Lord speaking so clearly to me. He said, "Jennifer, I am NOT a one stand." "Excuse me," I thought, "What did you say?" He began to show me that so often we can get so caught up in certain moments with the Lord and the feelings those moments bring, we can easily forget the relationship He offers.

Jesus began to reveal to me that worship to him was not a cheap, dirty, and scandalous time. It was a sweet, romantic time that came at a VERY high price. Worship to him is not the time we go to get a cheap fix of joy from the Lord or get ourselves some happy feelings to go off of for the week. Worship is about preparation of the heart. It is like going on the best, most perfect first date imaginable as many times as you want to and then realizing the date NEVER has to end. It is a pure sacred time where we are given the ability to somehow portray to our love, Jesus, the gratitude in our hearts for the price of his LIFE. So next time you are worshiping let that thought come to you, worship doesn't end, it's a preparation of the heart to walk in the most beautiful love story ever written. Allow Him to pursue you as you pour your heart out to him, and watch as He continues to show you how to Become Beloved.



No comments:

Post a Comment