Monday, March 14, 2011

Keepin It Real... Real Personal Pt 2

Okay let me just start by saying if you haven't read Keepin It Real Pt 1, please go back and read it first, or if you just need a quick refresher. Otherwise, this post will not really make sense. I am just going to pick it up where I left off.

I ended the last blog talking about God's specific pursuit of us. I mentioned how our Love is not just a general pursuer of us, but identifies areas of our lives where He desires us to grow in and then pursues us to fulfill them. Let me give you an example:

For years I have been putting a certain amount of money in a savings account. Nothing astronomical, but just a little here and there to help during the first few months after I graduated college. Then once I graduated from college, I started really needing  that money. However, at the same time I REALLY heard the Lord telling me I needed to learn to be a better giver. I started asking Him what am I supposed to give, Lord, I'm broke....Then He pointed to the savings. You can imagine the argument that went on. I just kept asking, "Are you sure Lord," He kept asking, "Do you trust me Jenn."
WOW. That was a huge question... do I trust him. When I finally decided I had no reason BUT to trust him, I asked him one more thing. I said to him God if you are going to call me to be an extravagant giver I need to know that you are going to provide for me. You see I wasn't giving the Lord an ultimatum,"You must tell me Lord or else." Haha Yea right. I just know that my Love desires to hear me speak to him, to ask him questions, to lean on him for my help and comfort. So I did. I talked it out with him. I told him I really did trust him, but there was still a little fear in me. Most of this conversation with the Lord actually happened in one day, and during that day I told no one about this hard decision I was making.  After I had literally cried all my tears and sat in wonderment of the Lord, a sweet friend of mine, who knew NOTHING of this situation called me. They told me not to leave my apartment, they were coming over. About 15 minutes later she knocked on my door, came in and after a few minutes handed me something. She handed me a wad of bills that was the exact amount of a bill that was due that week.

You see God knew my heart was for Him, he knew I desired to be an obedient trusting daughter, but He also forgave my unbelief before I even knew I had it and pursued me to my trust. He showed me He would provide for all of my needs and that learning to be a giver was more for my benefit than any one elses. You see he pursued me to my gifting, he pursued me to my level of ability to trust, he pursued me to my obedience. He is so good. His desire is for me. He won't just call his beloved to something. If you open your eyes you will realize He pursues His beloved to each thing he calls her to.

What is He pursuing you to today? His desire is for you. Will you follow is specific lead and allow him to pursue you to the great things he has for you? Follow Him as you pursues you to Become Beloved.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding all of us that God always provides for our needs, all we have to do is trust Him. Thank you for sharing what God placed on your heart.

    ReplyDelete