Friday, December 3, 2010

Daydreamer, My Rescuer

So if you (ladies) were to be honest right now, how many of you have at some point had a daydream of being in distress and having the man of your dreams come in and save the day? Yes? Well as I am sure 99.99% answered the same, here is a little preview into the recent daydream of mine.

The other day I was hiking through some hills and spending the morning in the wilderness with my love. I loved being out in nature with just Jesus and myself. Breathing in the crisp cool air as it swept off the recently turned golden leaves. There was a sweet silent breeze dancing across the hills and a still calm voice speaking through the wind to my heart. It was a precious time with me and my love.

Then a few days after that it was time for me to drive home for Thanksgiving, and it was there in my car on the drive home that this daydream began to play itself out in my little head:

I was back in the hills on a mission. I wasn't really sure what for, but I knew I had a destination a purpose for my hike. It might have been just to find a unique place to sit and think, or that I was actually going somewhere specific. The key is I was there in the hills enjoying and exploring the beautiful creation around me. However, as this hike progressed I somehow came across a really rough spot. I don't know how it happened but there I was in the midst of rocks with absolutely no sturdy place to put my foot. I seemed to be stuck, and it was then that I realized I wasn't alone.... As I look next to me there is a snake, even though I don't know a lot about snakes, I somehow knew this was a very bad snake and that if I just didn't move it would leave.

However, if I didn't move I would be stuck there forever it seemed so trying to very calmly find a place to take a step away from it, I slowly moved my foot. It was in that moment the snake must have felt I had become a threat to it and did what I had been praying it would not do. It strikes and an extreme pain begins shooting through my leg. I fall to the ground and began holding tightly to my wound. As the poison from the bite begins seeping through my veins, I begin to look around. I look for a way out, something. I am desperate.

Well in that next moment I look up and there it is, my relief. It's him. You know him, the dreamy perfect man of your dreams. :) Yes you know him. Here he comes and in one swoop he picks me up and carries me back to safety where he knows just what to do for the poison. He knows just what to say to calm my anxious and discouraged heart.......oh my sweet, sweet rescuer.

Well ladies, I don't know about you, but that just put a smile on my face. You know for about five seconds I got to enjoy that moment.... then the Lord (as He usually does) comes in brings me back to reality. HIS reality, and his reality is this: The story is completely true. There is journey, I have a destiny and it is meant to be enjoyed. However, there are rough spots and unfortunately there is an enemy. And when that enemy sees me taking a step toward freedom I become his biggest threat. He will strike and sometimes he will hit. BUT most importantly to remember is there is a rescuer, there is the perfect man of my dreams. He is not some worldly man with limited knowledge, medicine and resources. He is the MAN of ALL men. He is Jesus....no limitation of knowledge and resources, and HE speaks the best words of love and encouragement that anyone could dream of. He is my sweet, sweet rescuer, asking me and you today would you become his beloved.


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, that is beautiful and so true. Through all the rough time and the good times, Jesus is there walking beside us, in front of us and sometimes hand in hand. Thank you for sharing this, love you, Jean

    ReplyDelete